Sunday, September 24, 2017

A descriptive analysis on my earlier work - Silent Valley


This was a descriptive introduction which was written in 2011, after publishing the writing in "deviantart".

It covers the context and my perspective on my own writing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Silent Valley is an experimental piece of work. I tried to bring out "poetry + Prose" style in this.

The context reflects the substance and style of romanticism from poetry and the format is like prose without dividing into stanzas.

The theme reflects a struggle of a person inside his mind taking time to figure out a problem. The context of the poem reflects his inner mindset and thoughts.

I used a man communing with nature to bring out more depth to my work.

It's actually a metaphor."

No comments:

Post a Comment

VCD - DVD - Bluray haul Removal

  Lifer blog was about mostly my short prose about nature, personal experiences in Sri Lanka, Poetry, my personal writings in the period of ...