Sunday, September 17, 2017

Silent valley



This is experimental.
I tried to bring out poetry + prose style in this.

The storyline in context is metaphorical.
Simply what this work show is a person looking for redemption by his own conscience, and finding it.


by Dimantha Polwatte


Published first on Mar 17, 2011, 1:07:33 PM


Genre -


Literature / Prose / Non-Fiction / Emotional




  
I gazed with my eyes on the endless fields…….

Standing in front of me in majesty,
I feel tiny, lifeless and ignored.

What am I? Comparing to this vast stretch of beauty.

Enchanted with life, untouched by the world……..
It lived alone by itself……..

Losing grasp of my identity, myself
When my skin was breached by the breeze….
The voice of them

I was carried away to the silent valley.

I lost
My own existence…….

I was a part of them.

We together felt the drizzle, the lightning at far corners, the mist which was carried away with the wind, dancing swirling clouds and the light of gods.

But as things went by they went away
Suddenly It was all darkness……..
I came back to myself…..
I was left alone

It was the end of the day

They left me…….
I stood up…….
Walked away with inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

VCD - DVD - Bluray haul Removal

  Lifer blog was about mostly my short prose about nature, personal experiences in Sri Lanka, Poetry, my personal writings in the period of ...